Browse Items (513 total)

http://kplma.org/om/plugins/Dropbox/files/peo-98-0020-de.jpg
A group of young girls and boys, along with their teacher, pose for a class photograph outside of the Center Primary School, located at 14 Green Street and built in 1844. Several of the children are barefoot and most hold their hats in hand.The…

http://kplma.org/om/plugins/Dropbox/files/hou-02-0041-toabe.jpg
Kingston's Town Hall, located at 23 Green Street and built in 1841, is shown. Green Street, at right, appears unpaved. A man walks in front of the building toward the Training Green. The caption and copyright information are transcribed below.

http://kplma.org/om/plugins/Dropbox/files/hou-12-0063-mhc.jpg
The Captain Thomas Willet House, also known as Upland Meadows, at 27 Wapping Road was built in 1640.

doc-21-0002-water.pdf

peo-10-0134-hath.jpg
Head and shoulders portrait of Helen Maria Holmes (1865-1938) at approximately 20 years old

http://kplma.org/om/plugins/Dropbox/files/eve-98-0007-de.jpg
The vessel Arteola approaches the south side of Delano's Wharf, ferrying at least 20 adults and children to the Old Home Day festivities. More people stand on the wharl, including a band holding their instruments. The caption printed on the front of…

http://kplma.org/om/plugins/Dropbox/files/eve-98-0008-de.jpg
On Old Home Day in 1908, a sailboat loaded with passengers, its mast stepped and a Kingston Yacht Club flag aloft, approaches Delano's Wharf, which is lined with people. Several boys row dories in the waters between the shore and the wharf, while a…

http://kplma.org/om/plugins/Dropbox/files/cem-02-0001-ed.jpg
The gravestone of Priscilla Wiswall (died June 3, 1724) in Kingston's Old Burying Ground is shown in close-up. The visible part of the inscription is transcribed below, along with notes by the photographer written on the back of a printed copy of the…

http://kplma.org/om/plugins/Dropbox/files/cem-02-0002-ed.jpg
The gravestone of Elizabeth Bradford (died February 5, 1741) in the Old Burying Ground is shown. The visible part of the inscription and the caption at the bottom of the photograph are transcribed below.

http://kplma.org/om/plugins/Dropbox/files/cem-02-0003-ed.jpg
The gravestone of Lucy Little (died September 22, 1756) is shown in close up.The extensive Inscription is difficult to read, and only partially transcribed below.

http://kplma.org/om/plugins/Dropbox/files/cem-02-0004-ed.jpg
The gravestone of Charles Little (died February 14, 1717) is shown in close-up detail. The inscription is transcribed below.

http://kplma.org/om/plugins/Dropbox/files/cem-02-0005-ed.jpg
The gravestones of the Little family plot stand within a raised stone border in the Old Burying Ground. Several of the stones date to the first half of the 18th century. The First Parish Church can be seen in the background

http://kplma.org/om/plugins/Dropbox/files/cem-02-0007-ed.jpg
The gravestone of Elizabeth Bradford (died February 5, 1741) stands apart from a group set in a raised stone border. The First Parish Church is visible in the background. The caption at the bottom of image is transcribed below

http://kplma.org/om/plugins/Dropbox/files/cem-02-0008-ed.jpg
A number of gravestones, including several belonging to the family of William Rand, are shown. The north side of Kingston's old Town House is visible in the background.

http://kplma.org/om/plugins/Dropbox/files/cem-02-0009-ed.jpg
A number of gravestones, including several belonging to the Rand family, are shown. The visible inscriptions are transcribed below, left to right for William Rand Jr. (died March 10, 1769), Rebecca Rand (died July 14, 1801), Bridget Rand (died June…

http://kplma.org/om/plugins/Dropbox/files/cem-02-0010-ed.jpg
The gravestone of Major John Bradford (died December 8, 1736) is shown, along with several others. The inscription is transcribed below, along with a note by the photographer written on the back of a printed copy of the image.

http://kplma.org/om/plugins/Dropbox/files/cem-02-0011-ed.jpg
The gravestone of Major John Bradford (died December 8, 1736) is shown in close-up. The inscription is transcribed below.

http://kplma.org/om/plugins/Dropbox/files/cem-02-0012-ed.jpg
The gravestone of the Reverend Joseph Stacy (died August 25, 1741) is shown in close-up detail. The Latin inscription is transcribed below.

http://kplma.org/om/plugins/Dropbox/files/cem-02-0013-ed.jpg
A number of gravestones are shown, with the First Parish Church in the background.

http://kplma.org/om/plugins/Dropbox/files/cem-02-0014-ed.jpg
A number of gravestones are shown, with the First Parish Church in the background. A note by the photographer written on the back of a printed copy of the image is transcribed below.

http://kplma.org/om/plugins/Dropbox/files/cem-02-0015-ed.jpg
A number of gravestones are shown, some within a raised stone border. The First Parish Church is visible in in the background.

http://kplma.org/om/plugins/Dropbox/files/cem-02-0016-ed.jpg
A number of gravestones are shown, with open space in the foreground. The First Parish Church is visible in in the background.

http://kplma.org/om/plugins/Dropbox/files/cem-02-0017-ed.jpg
The section of the Old Burying Ground occupied by family tombs is shown; this area lies on the southeast side of cemetery, bordering the Town Green. A note by the photographer written on the back of a printed copy of the image is transcribed below.

http://kplma.org/om/plugins/Dropbox/files/cem-02-0018-ed.jpg
A number of gravestones in the Old Burying Ground are shown. A note by the photographer written on the back of a printed copy of the image is transcribed below. Eugene Merry owned the property just west of the Old Burying Ground (numbered 225 Main…

http://kplma.org/om/plugins/Dropbox/files/cem-02-0019-ed.jpg
A shared gravestone in the Bearse family cemetery near Silver Lake is shown. The visible inscription for husband and wife Hosea Bearse (died Jan. 15, 1846) and Esther Bearse (died April 12, 1865) is transcribed below. The monument appears to have…
Output Formats

atom, dc-rdf, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2